With an exotic, tangy flavor described as a cross between grapefruit, pear, and vanilla, the baobab fruit has been used for years in Africa.
Baobantu Baobab (Adansonia digitata).
We are passionate about products that promote good health, well being whilst contributing to the economic livelihoods of the producers in rural Africa.
Baobantu is working with thousands of baobab wild collectors and farmers in the Kenya eastern and coastal region to bring you the world’s acclaimed super fruit the baobab.
Baobab has a long traditional history of safe usage among the traditional people of Africa as a fortification ingredient and in folklore medicine. Research findings and clinical trials continue to unravel the nutritional potency and health-promoting benefits of using baobab. It has been regarded as a ‘super fruit’ or fondly referred to as the ‘tree of life.
We currently have the baobab powder (baobab is the only fruit tree that dries on its branches) By mechanical means we extract the powder and pack it wholesale or in our branded packaging.
Our baobab oil is cold-pressed and 100% natural with no additives.
Our current range of branded products are BaoVitaTM (a raw food supplement) – baobab powder and BaoDerm – Specialty Cosmetic Oil-baobab oil.
Our products are certified for EU and NOP certified and FairWild standards.
Baobab powder benefits:
1. Baobab powder is high in vitamin C
2. Baobab powder is rich in prebiotic fiber
3. Baobab powder is a vegan source of calcium
4. Baobab powder has 4 times the potassium of a banana
5. Baobab powder is a source of magnesium
6. Baobab powder provides potent polyphenol antioxidants
7. Baobab powder’s nutrients are bioavailable
8. Baobab powder is low glycemic
9. Baobab powder supports gut health
10. Baobab powder promotes glowing skin
Baobab oil benefits:
- Enhances skin elasticity and turgidity
- A super moisturizer and is recommended for dry skin type
- Rich in linoleic and oleic acids
- Rich in vitamin E; Baobab fights against free radicals and reduces skin damage from UAV rays
- Baobab oil soothes irritation and eczema
- Baobab oil fights acne.
- Good on your nails
- A good conditioner